English
Global Site
Please select your language from the list below.
This language is translated in machine translation. It contains incorrect sentences and words.
By using the Miyajima.tours website, you agree to the use of cookies by us and third parties to enhance your experience.
Please touch a point
Miyajima-cho, Hatsukaichi
Guide around Miyajima-cho
Among Itsukushima, Hatsukaichi Miyajima cho where lots of ryokans, souvenir shops, meals and so on line up, and is crowded with many tourists from all over the world throughout the year. It is a surrounding spot.
The torii of Itsukushima shrine is wooden building torii at both places (quadruped torii). The height is about 16.6 m, the length of the building is 24.2 m, the circumference of the main pillar is 9.9 m, the total weight is about 60 t, the wood part is Tanpura (Koumyotan), the main pillar is the natural trees of Kusunoki, the Sodebashira cedar nature wood I am using.
The current torii is the eighth generation since the Heian era and was rebuilt in 1875 (1875). Kasagi and Shimagi are boxed and about 5 tons of stone and sand are packed. The root is just under the sea and standing by its own weight. Senbonkui is used as the foundation of the main pillar, and about 30 to 100 pine piles of 45 cm to 60 cm are driven into each pillar. Kusunoki is heavy in gravity and difficult to decay, it is strong against insects.
On the west side of the building there is a crescent moon, the east side has a sign of the sun, the influence of the Yin & Road is seen.
Itsukushima shrine in Hengaku on the offshore side and Itsukishima shrine on the headquarters side, the current amount is the story of Arisugawanomiyatakeru hitoshinnou at the time of the reconstruction of the Meiji Era.
The Five-storied Pagoda was originally constructed in 1407, and it was restored in 1533. The main deity enshrined here is the Buddha of Medicine, accompanied by the Buddhist saints Fugen and Monju.
The Buddhist images symbolizing the deity and the saints were removed in the early Meiji era. Now these are enshrined in the Daiganji Temple.
The pagoda as a whole was constructed in Japanese style as evidenced by the ornamental caps of the railing posts as well as in the placement of the rafters. However, Chinese influence can also be seen in such parts as the top of the wooden pillars supporting the eaves, as well as in the tails of the rafters.
Elaborate Giboshi decorations (decorations resembling leek flowers) are found on the railing posts of the first story, while Gyaku-ren and Kaika-ren decorations (resembling lotus flowers) are placed on the railing posts from the second story to the fifth.
This structure is said to be one of only five examples in Japan. It resists horizontal oscillation caused by earthquakes and typhoons. The pagoda is 27.6 meters high and its roof is covered with layers of Japanese cypress bark shingles. When major repair work was carried out in 1945, the structure was restored to its original style by coating it with red lacquer.
The interior of the pagoda is decorated with auspicious motifs such as the Kannon Bodhisattva, Eight Views of Shohshoh, a dragon, lotus flowers and the Shingon Hasso sutra painted on the ceiling, the Raigo Wall (the special name for the wall behind the Image of Buddha) and the rest of the interior wooden walls. However, it is not open to the public.
One of the unique structural features is the central pillar of the pagoda, which extends from the peak of the roof only to the second story -- instead of to the foundation. The names of donors have been carved on each of the sixteen pillars of the first story. Fourteen of these donors were women.
Photo by © Marufish.
This pagoda is said to have been built in 1523. The Buddha of Medicine was worshipped here, but was moved to Daiganji Temple following the Meiji Restoration (1868).
The name of the pagoda was changed to Hozan Shrine in 1880, and the deified warlord Kato Kiyomasa was then worshipped here, while the building itself came under the jurisdiction of Itsukushima Shrine. In 1918,the spirit of Kato Kiyomasa was moved to Toyokuni Shrine, where he is worshipped to this day.
Toyokuni Shrine is dedicated to the warlord Toyotomi Hideyoshi (one of the three unifiers of Japan in the 16th century) and his loyal aid Kato Kiyomasa.
The reason for building this structure is clearly stated in a letter by Ankokuji Ekei, head monk of Ankokuji Temple. In 1587, Ekei asked Daiganji Temple, the temple in charge of construction and repair work in Miyajima including Itsukushima Shrine, to build a Buddhist library in which the chanting of Senbu-kyo sutras could be held every month.
The construction of the hall was discontinued after 11 years when Hideyoshi passed away, and it still remains unfinished today. It it had been completed, it would have shown us the great flamboyance of the Azuchi Momoyama era, as you can partly see in the gilded roof tiles of the hall, and the dynamic character of Hideoyoshi.
Originally, Amida Buddha and two subordinate Buddhist saints, Anan and Kasho-sonja, were enshrined in the Buddhist altar until the early Meiji era. Since that time, however, the altar has been used in Shinto rituals.
The building is called Senjokaku (Hall of One Thousand Tatami Mats), reflecting its standing as the largest structure on Miyajima Island.
Photo by © Marufish.
The shrine has more than 1400 years of history, and is a registered World Heritage Site. The vermillion lacquered shrine, located at the beautiful Itsukushima, fits well with the Prussian blue sea, and the green of the virgin forest, recreating the elegance of the Heian era. Many visitors from all around the world continue to visit.
Photo by © Alejandro Slocker.
It is a Japanese-style inn with a calm atmosphere in a rich natural environment surrounded by greenery where wild deer plays, which is located on the hill which is one step back from the city.
It is convenient for walking 5 minutes on foot from Miyajima pier, 10 minutes on foot to Itsukushima shrine and sightseeing base.
Together, they hold six banquet halls, and can be used for a wide range of conferences, training, comfort tours, alumni association, celebrations, legal requirements.
Dinner will be served at the Setouchi Kaiseki cuisine cuisine cooked by the chef who took in the seasonal ingredients.
Address
755 Miyajima-cho, Hatsukaichi-city, Hiroshima, Japan 739-0518
TEL : +81-829-44-0070
FAX : +81-829-44-0016
Jukeiso is just a 5-minute walk from Itsukushima Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A Japanese-style room with views of Itsukushima Shrine's majestic Torii, a public bath, a private bath, a free shuttle to and from the Miyajima Ferry Terminal, and free Wi-Fi in the lobby.
It is a Japanese style built inn, a 10-minute walk from the Toyokuni Shrine and the Five-fold Pagoda, a 14-minute walk from the Momijidani Park, and a 19-minute walk to the Miyajima Ropeway Morijimaya Train Station.
Guests can relax at the large public bath open 24 hours a day, and can use private outdoor baths with views of Itsukushima Shrine. A free Japanese parking and Japanese breakfast and dinner are served at the hotel's restaurant.
Comfortable Japanese-style room with wonderful nature views, a flat-screen TV, a small refrigerator and a private bathroom. Yukata and green tea are available.
Address
Jukeiso 50 Miyajima-Cho, Hatsukaichi-Shi, Hiroshima, 739-0533 JAPAN
Tel:81-829-44-0300
Fax:81-829-44-0388
Daiganji Temple or Kikyozan Hokoin belongs to the Koyosan Branch od the Shingon denomination of Buddhism. The founder of this temple is not known though it is said that the temple was reconstructed by Priest Ryokai between 1201 and 1203 in the Kamakura period.
Prior to the decree of Shinto-Buddhism separation by the Meiji government, this temple was in charge of the repair and construction of Itsukushima Shrine, Hakozakigu and Usahachimangu Shrines in Kyushu and many others.
In the main hall, there are four Buddha statues which are designated as a National Important Cultural Property. One of the four is Yakushi Nyorai Zazo, a seated statue of Medicine Buddha and is said to have been made by Kobo Daishi or Kukai, the founder of the Shingon school of Buddhism.
Under the decree of Shinto-Buddhism Separation, three statues were moved from Senjokaku to this temple. They are Shaka Nyorai Zazo, a seated statue of Buddha Gautama, said to have been made by Gyoki, Anan Sonjazo, and Makakasho Sonjazo. Anan Sonjazo and Makakasho Sonja are of the main ten disciples of Buddha.
Also three statues (Shaka Nyorai Zazo, a seated statue of Buddha Gautama, Monju Bosatsu, or Wisdom Buddha, and Fugen Bosatsu or Mercy Buddha) were moved from the Five Storied Pagoda to the temple. At the entrance of the main hall is enshrined Binzuru Sonja, known as Nadebotoke. Visitors rub the Buddha for medical cures.
Daiganji Temple is dedicated to Benzaiten, the Goddess of eloquence, music, wisdom and wealth, and is known as one the the three most famous Benzaiten Temples, along with those in Enoshima, in Kanagawa and Chikubujima in Shiga. The Benzaiten is opened to the public only once a year on June 17.
In April 2006, Gomado Hall was reconstructed for the first time in 140 years, and was served at the setting for the rededication ceremony of Fudo Myo-o Hanka Zazo, wich is 4 meters in height and is made of sandalwood.
In 1538, during the period of Civil War, Priest Sonkai went to Korea to get Issaikyo or the total volume of Buddhist Sutras with the aid of Yoshitaka Ouichi, lord of Yamaguchi. His travel was recorded on the rear side of the Shosho hakkei Byobu folding screen, which is one of the precious documents used to understand the state of Korea at that time. His travel “Sonkai kokai nikki” is designated as a National Important Cultural Property.
In 1866, during the second Choshu war, the peace conference was held by Kaishu Katsu of the Shogunate and members of the Choshu Clan such as Masaomi Hirosawa in a room of this temple.
Photo by © Kimon Berlin.
Its Itsukushima side of the ferry route connecting Honshu and Itsukushima.
JR West Nippon Miyajima Ferry and Miyajima Matsudai steamship operate, and in conjunction with the on-season and the Miyajima underwater fireworks festival etc., a large number of customers are assembled and operated.
Photo by © hirotomo t.
Temple of Shrines Shrine Shrine Shinbun Shrine The shrine of the Shrine of Shimane Shrine is a god of unknown festivals, Tsuchijin, "customs", private customs are done at night.
The most famous landmark of Miyajima is autumn leaves, Momiji valley park. There are about 700 autumn leaves in the park.
The most common type of Iroha maple is about 560, about 100 Oomomiji, about 40 other Urihadadai maple and Yamamomiji etc. From spring to summer, I store starchy in the leaves, and in autumn when frost falls it turns into a substance called anthocyanin. The amount of this anthocyanin substance determines the quality of autumn leaves.
Green is fresh from spring to summer, and autumn leaves are beautiful from mid-November to late November.
Photo by © Spiegel.
An aquarium familiar with the nickname of Miyaji Marine. Approximately 350 species of representative aquatic animals up to fish, including thousands of snammers, sea lions, penguins and clones, which are also symbols of the Miyajima Aquarium, are displayed at 13,000 points. A large migrating aquarium just in front of the entrance is an eyeball. Recently, alligators that stand upright when bathed in have been introduced on television and it has become popular.
Source of reference/Wikipedia
The oldest temple among the temples in Miyajima is Omotoyama Daishoin of Shingon sect Omuro faction (Ninnaji temple).
It is 806 years since Kukai crossed Miyajima and started practicing on Mt. Yayama in 806, so I can not say that I do not feel the weight of history.
Relationship with the Imperial Family is also deep, old as a prayer field of emperor Toba imperial orderer, nearby is a high-quality temple such as becoming an accommodation destination for Emperor Meiji Emperor.
Photo by © Kimon Berlin.
Next to Momiji Valley, Miyajima Ropeway Mogijya Line, which connects Momiji Valley to Misen Shishiiwa Observatory, the starting station.
Between the Momiji Valley Station and Kayatani is a small round ropeway with 8 passengers with maximum circulation, with automatic cycling ropeway.
It is operated at a ramp length of 1102 m, a maximum elevation difference of 288 m, a support steepest gradient of 26 ° 24 ', and an operating speed of 2.0 m / sec.
Source of reference /Miyajima Ropeway (Hiroshima Tourism promotion Co., Ltd.)
Photo by © redlegsfan21.
Kiyomori Shrine was built 770 years after the death of Taira-no-Kiyomori in 1954 to commemorate him and console his spirit.
Around March 20th, the anniversary of his death, the Kiyomori Festival is held.
Photo by © Kimon Berlin.